What is the Student Buddy Program?
The Student Buddy Program is a partnership of parents, staff, and community to encourage Buddying of students within a safe and supervised environment. We believe that Buddying by supportive, nurturing and trained adults can provide a relationship to promote the healthy development of children. Healthy development will include an improved self-concept, better social skills, improved learning, and life-long goals. Buddies will assist each child to find his/her own strengths, talents, and dreams.
“I have so many good memories from the student buddy program.”
- Improve the child’s school performance and attendance.
- Reduce the child’s emotional and behavioral difficulties.
- Reduce the child’s risk-taking behavior.
- Support improved caregiver and peer relations with the child.
- Support enhancement of the family’s overall competence, healthy self-sufficiency and ability to nurture their children.
- Foster and nurture a positive bond between the child and the family.
- Build one-to-one Buddying relationships for children in grades K-12 who have the need for a positive role model.
- Improve positive social behaviors of children.
- Support improved family stability and functioning.
“We believe that Buddying by supportive, nurturing, and trained adults can provide a relationship to promote the healthy development of children”