Greetings! We are collecting items to support the most vulnerable in our community. Check out the information below! Thanks in advance for donating.
When: Nov 1st thru Dec 24th
For who: Benefiting Carmichael Homeless Families with School-Age Children
Suggested Food items:
- Canned meats: Think beyond tuna & soup, which food banks get tons of. Instead go for canned beef, canned ham, canned chicken, canned salmon. Or hearty ready-to-go meals like beef stew and chili with meat.
- Canned vegetables: Everyone donates green beans. Instead, give potatoes, carrots, spinach, peas or any other veggies your family likes.
Canned fruit: Not pineapple. This is the most commonly donated fruit. Any other fruit, particularly those in fruit juice without the extra sugar, would be great. Dried fruit works too (raisins, etc.)
- Boxed meals THAT REQUIRE ONLY WATER.
- Low-sugar cereal like plain Cheerios
- Peanut butter, Instant Soups, Instant Mac & Cheese
Cans of beans, Pasta, pasta sauce
- Cans, cartons or boxes of powered and evaporated milk
- Snack items for kids to take to school: juice boxes, applesauce containers, granola bars
- Juice Boxes, Capri Suns, Bottled Water
- Granola Bars, Raisins, Cookies, Breakfast Bars
- Pop-Tarts, Fruit Rollups or Fruit Snacks
- Peanut Butter or Cheese Crackers
- Jerky, Trail Mix, Nuts, Fruit or Pudding Cups
Suggested Non-Food items:
- Toiletries: toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo & conditioner, warm socks, Can Opener, Chapstick, Band-Aids (consider someone living outside this time of year)
- Diapers in sizes above newborn, plus wipes
- Feminine hygiene products: unscented pads will be most universally used, not tampons
- Small paperback book
- New Testament Bible
- Bags of apples or potatoes.
Convenient Drop Off at:
San Juan Central Enrollment & Family Resource Center McKinney Vento Office -3700 Garfield Ave. Room 14 Carmichael, CA 95608
– Between 9am – 12:00 & 1pm – 4pm
Contact Reham Nawar at 916-225-3626 for more information